Should I be worried about the lump near my pubic bone with hernia above the crease of my leg?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
i have a hernia right above the crease of my leg. it has been there 5 yrs. what my concern is to the left of it on my pubic bone another lump comes and goes. it is tender to touch and stays swollen for a few days then goes away completely. is this a muscle?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of folliculitis Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day From the description of recurrent inflamed swelling to the left of inguinal hernia I assume you are referring to supra public region, the region just above the midline the symphysis pubis. Possibility of inflammatory swelling like recurrent folliculitis has to be considered. Swelling arising from muscle is unlikely to have repeated inflammation. Application of Mupirocin ointment and hot water fomentation will be beneficial and curative. I would also advise you to get operated for hernia at the earliest, I hope you must already be aware of complication if left alone. I hope it helped In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Consultant General and Laparpscopic Surgeon

Follow-up: Should I be worried about the lump near my pubic bone with hernia above the crease of my leg? 1 hour later
This other lump when it swells I usually can stay off my feet with leg proped up , put ice on it and take ibprophen every 4 hrs and in a day or two it goes down completely. it often comes up next to the hernia if i walk a long period of time or stand for a long period of time. i do not have Insurance and not much money and I'm concerned about lymph nodes being in this region as well.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get operated at earliest Detailed Answer: Greetings Long standing hernia left untreated leads to stretching of the skin leading on to recurrent inflammation of the area and also predisposis to folliculitis. It's better to get operated St the earliest when there is no active inflammation. It will be a good idea to let the operating surgeon decide when you are fir for surgery. I do understand your problems and financial constraints. It's always better to operate Hernia as a routine elective Surgery instead of taking it up as emergency in case it strangulates or becomes obstructed. The operative cost will be definitely higher and chances of recurrence higher. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore