Ask a Urologist   »  

Should I be worried about swollen and painful testicle after accident?

I experienced a small accident where my right testicle was pinched for a short period of time, the result is mild swelling and mild pain to touch, also there is blood present ineffectshort term the seamen, is this just a short term effect? the swelling and pain are diminishing.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, a short term effect. No long term worries Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this accident that you suffered involving the testicles. From the information you have provided, there is no reason to get too worried. I have no reasons to think your sperm production is going to be affected by this unless something new comes up. Beyond the pan, everything would be good. If you are not taking any medications for the pain, a combination of Ibuprofen and Tylenol would hep relief you of these pains. Also. put on a tight fitting under wear that prevents the testicles from being suspended to being supported. This will also help control the pains. I will also recommend that you abstain from any sexual activities until the pains are significantly controlled.. In all, no need to worry. as the pains disappear, all would be okay. I hope this addresses your query and reliefs you of your fears. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health and a speedy recovery. Dr. Ditah, MD