Should I be worried about stinging pain in knee during basketball practice?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, I twisted my knee during suicide drills at basketball practice. I felt an initial stinging pain on the outside of my knee. The pain went away after a few minutes. I am walking fine and am pain free with no swelling. Should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. As there is no any instability, no pain ,no swelling and you are walking fine, there is no need to worry. Do regular knee exercises to strengthen the muscle around your knee. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care