Should I be worried about small,slightly painful lump on base of penis?

Hi, i have one, fairly soft, small pea sized, flesh colored lump on the base of my penis, it does not hurt unlessed messed with to much, then it slightly hurts when preassure applied, it is not itchy at all, turns slightly red if squeezed, no discharge of really any kind. i have had one sexual partner who has also only been with me. I am 21, fairly good health, 6ft 7 and weigh 270. i have had this for 2 days now
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry about! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this lump and the troubling thoughts that this has caused you. From the description and the duration of this lump, it doesn't represent any real pathological finding. It is very much like a bump, pimple, etc that can appear any where else on the body. The only difference here is that it has appeared on a sensitive part. Please, refrain from manipulating it to avoid getting it infected. It should gradually get resolved without any particular medical attention over the 5-7 days. From the above information, I can tell you are concerned about STDs. Please, prevention is the best way to tackle this. Always consider using protection during intercourse to prevent getting contaminated just in case you are exposed. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to ask for more information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.