Should I be worried about elevated liver enzymes after taking antibiotics for thrush in mouth?

Went to an urgent care yesterday with what I assumed was thrush in my mouth. it was thrush. I was also diagnosed with thrush back in august after being on a weeklong course of IV antibiotics. They gave me an IV bolus of fluids and Rocephin IV and then ran a CBC and CMP. My CMP revealed mildly elevated liver enzymes at 65 and 82 respectively I did have a mild white of 11000. I'm I'm just wondering if I should even be worried about the mildly elevated liver enzymes are if this is maybe just a fluke
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow up with comprehensive hepatic tests Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent oral thrush that you have reported. I hope together we would be able to address this problem and also look into the abnormal liver enzymes. 1. Repeated thrush is not a good sign. It is common in persons with a weakened immune system. I will like to know whether there is any reason why you think you should have a weakened immune system that justifies this. If the answer is no, then please ask your doctor to provide possible explanations as to why this is happening. Also, oral thrush is caused by a fungal and it is not treated with Rocephine. I am wondering why this was rather the drug used and also why was it administered IV. Ask you doctors what precisely you have because the disease and treatment are totally different. 2. Your liver enzymes are not in the normal range. There could be different possible reasons for this among them an incidental finding. I will suggest that you follow up with your primary care doctor and get a comprehensive hepatic panel tests. This will again look at these values alongside other results to see if there are any reasons to get worried. Depending on the results, a plan would be established to address any abnormalities if need be. A flu is less likely to cause elevated liver enzymes. For this reason, I will not want to settle with this unless otherwise. 4. I have reviewed your drugs and none is a possible explanation for the abnormal liver tests. 5. WBC of 11000 is borderline and should not be too concerning and more so because you have an infection. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.