Should I be worried about a lump in my armpit?

Excellent
Question
I am a 39 yo female and discovered a tiny lump in my armpit almost three weeks ago. I immediately went to my doctor, who said he doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but he's sending me for a digital diagnostic mammogram. I'm not sure if he's just trying to keep me calm, and I want to know how concerned I should be about this because I've been very anxious and miserable. The lump is about 1 or 2 millimeters, and seems to be attached to my skin because, when I relax my arm, I can move it around, though it always seems to be in the same spot on my skin. It does appear to be under my skin though, and not a pimple or infected follicle, etc. It feels roundish or ovalish. I don't use a razor or deoderant, so that is no the cause. I just want to say that I am going for the diagnostic mammogram on Tuesday, and what I'm looking for is a professional opinion of what this is most likely to be based on my symptoms. I just feel so anxious because I know there is something there, and I don't know what it is, and I can't get any consistent answers from reading online. I know a diagnosis can't be done online, but I'd like to know how likely this is to be serious. Sorry, one more note: I'm pretty health conscious so I get blood work every year and it always comes back normal. I had my most recent physical/blood work in September and all was good. I'm 5'4", 115 lbs, and vegetarian (except occasional fish).
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Protection against disease Detailed Answer: yes a healthy life style can protect against diabetes high blood pressure and reduce chances of cancers to some extent.

Follow-up: Should I be worried about a lump in my armpit? 10 minutes later
I'm sorry, I don't understand this answer. My question was - what are the odds that this is something serious, based on my symptoms?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very very small Detailed Answer: almost negligible based on the lump described by you. it's recommended to start doing Mamo annually after 40 yrs of age

Follow-up: Should I be worried about a lump in my armpit? 8 minutes later
Thank you. So, just to clarify, you think a 2 millimeter lump under my armpit is very unlikely to be cancer?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 0 minute later
Brief Answer: That's righr Detailed Answer: yes u got me right

Follow-up: Should I be worried about a lump in my armpit? 17 minutes later
What do you think it is?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Senaceous Detailed Answer: normally they are collections of sebaceous secretions

Follow-up: Should I be worried about a lump in my armpit? 3 days later
Thank you. I had my diagnostic mammogram (and ultrasound) today and it was a sebaceous cyst. I appreciate your help.

Brief Answer: I m glad Detailed Answer: thanks