Should I be concerned over reddish purple bruise on my left thigh?

Hi - on the center of my left thigh I started noticing a bump and itching sensation. Thought it was a bug bite. When I went to the bathroom I noticed a large, reddish-purple bruise out of nowhere. I cannot recall a specific injury to the area. What could this be and should I be concerned? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. It might be an insect bite or a fungal infection. It will be better if you can attach a photograph. This will help me in guiding you better. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that. Thank you