Should I be concerned of getting HIV after having oral sex?

If I wore a condom and only got oral Sex (blowjob) should I be concerned with getting hiv? Or other stds?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The saliva is a poor medium for transmission of HIV and because you used a condom also, you do not have the risk of HIV at moment but you should be cautious in future.
Once you get exposed to it then there is long suffering and no option for look back.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
If you want any further clarification or follow up you can put a query in my name.
Follow-up: Should I be concerned of getting HIV after having oral sex? 14 minutes later
Thanks, so I've read that oral Sex (blowjob) is very rare of obtaining hiv regardless of condom use, even tho I wore one anyways. I also read that there has been no reported cases of something getting hiv from oral Sex. So I assume it's very rare of getting it via oral Sex..? What if I wore a condom during oral Sex, could I get say clamedyia?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
chances of other STDs is rare

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
If the condom is properly used and is of food quality then it should be able to protect one fully.
But because of slip, tear or inappropriate use there can be other STDs like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or hepatitis B etc. risks are there.
I hope that answers your query.