Should I be concerned if I have been called repeatedly for an echo cardiogram ?

I had an ekg as part of my annual physical when my doctor compared the two he had me redo the ekg just to make sure that the reading was correct as well as the leads. The result of the second ekg was the same as the first one. The doctor had 3 prior years of ekg's to compare against this most recent one. I went for an echo cardigram two weeks ago but they did not have time for a consultation. I am scheduled for 5/11/11. Should I not be concerned since the Ultra sound tech seemed unconcerned and I have not heard from the Cardiologist. I called my PCP three times and they called the cardiologist three times two times it was not read one time it was read and not dictated never got an answer. What are your thoughts regarding this. Today I had took my blood pressure it was 90/70 with a heart rate of 104 Dr.had me on a half tablet of benicar but I took that at 7pm the prior evening. I also take topral 50mgs. in the evening my blood pressure was running at 140/80 or so prior to the benicar being added. I feel like I have to take a XXXXXXX breath every now and again because I need more oxygen. I'm just concerned about why know one would contact me about the echogram? Should I be concerned and if so what should I do?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I think there is no reason to worry.When your EKG was done,it is possible there could some changes in it which were inconclusive.At times it happens that on routine examination something is found and patient is not having any complain related to it.In such cases the doctor ask for some more confirmation by means some more investigation,which in your case is echo cardiogram.

It is about 2 weeks since your echo is done,obviously the findings must have been reported to doctor.In case of anything that requires immediate attention you or your PCP must be have been informed.

The blood pressure medication that you are taking is fine.You blood pressure is under control after addition of new drug,the reading of 90/70 in fact is towards lower side,still pulse rate you have mentioned is on higher side.

The feeling of need to take heavy breath and low oxygen could be due to your blood pressure going low at times or may be due to anxiety.You should talk to your PCP for this,who can help you with this.Take proper rest at times,keep measuring your blood pressure regularly.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.