Should I be concerned about taking an additional dose of Lopressor?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
lopressori took 50 mg of lopressor then 3 hours later i accidentally took 50mg of lopressor again...should i be concerned
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 11 hours later
Hello.

If you are already on this medicine, taking an adittional dose does not really have any major consequences in most of the poeple.

But only those who already have low BP/pulse, it can cause some problem which responds to rest and some simple medicines. Nothing to be worried. if you feel giddiness or ringing in the ears or weakness, report to your doctor.

The duration of action is for about 12hrs in general.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Should I be concerned about taking an additional dose of Lopressor? 5 hours later
my bp was 114/70 &pulse 60 about 3 hours after i took dose

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Your blood pressure is fine and nothing to be worried about. You can continue to take your regular medicines.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.