Should I be concerned about red colored stool, stomach pain when blood test negative and have IBS?
User rating for this question
Hello - I had partial red colored stool yesterday when I was experiencing stomach pain. I did an an EZ detect test to see if it was blood but it came back negative. The pain just lasted for a day. I suffer from IBS. Is this concerning?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: it is not concerning now Detailed Answer: Hi I am happy to know that your blood test results are negative; it does mean that you have ruled out serious health issues. The stools may be red colored if you have used certain food like: Red food coloring, beets, cranberries, tomato juice or soup, red gelatin or drink mixes. Concerning your stomach pain, it may be from bowel contractions as you are suffering from IBS or stomach flu. You don't need any treatment if you are ok now. There is no reason to worry about. About your IBS, I would recommend changing your lifestyle like - using plenty of water, foods reach in fibers like vegetables and fruits, -avoid spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, fast foods -avoid unnecessary stress. If you have other concerns, please feel free and write back to me. Wishing you health Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about red colored stool, stomach pain when blood test negative and have IBS? 8 hours later
Thank you - So you are comfortable with the results of the EZ Detect test? Meaning you feel it is accurate?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: EZ Detect test accurate,no concern for now.. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for writing back. The EZ Detect test is approved by FDA for its accuracy. So, for the moment, there is nothing serious to be worried about. I repeat again that it was only an episode. If it would be repeated in the future, then, must consult GI specialist. Wish you health! Dr.Klerida If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer. Thank you!
People also viewed
- Use of ornof suspension
- Orange stool and stomach pain
- Orange string in stool
- Foot always itches every time what could be the cause
- Blood tests for stomach pain
- Having blood after ejaculation underlying cause
- Can ulcer patient take optalidon tab
- Taking mebiz for ibs gas stomach pain suggestions
- Suggest medication to increase height in short period
- Ibs stomach pain and burping
- Pregnant can use fetal doppler every day
- What cause stomach pain and loose stools having ibs
- Stomach pain blood in stools concerned
- Reddish orange spots in stool
- Have an irregular periods had intercrural sex chances of pregnancy