Should I be concerned about pulsating spleen?

My spleen is pulsating and its driving me crazy. I have had an enlarged spleen but its almost back to normal size. Don't know if I should be concerned or not.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
An enlarged sleen is a XXXXXXX organ because it can get injured at times get frankly ruptured from slight trauma and can lead to massive internal bleeding causing exsanguination.
Could you physician figure out what was the underlying cause for the enlargement.
A pulsating feeling in this area need to be investigated.
You should get a physical examination and imaging to get the idea about the size of spleen and what is it's textures etc., whether no other pathology is there in this region.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about pulsating spleen? 3 minutes later
Yes, it started in 2004, with Glandular fever. Have had recent xrays and ultrasounds, pulsating started today and cant get to docs till next week due to the weekend. Should I wait a few days or should I go to the hospital. I dont know what results were of the tests I had as yet.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 minutes later
Welcome back to HCM!
Yes the brief history you had given and now I know it was due to mono.
It sould have resolved by now fully.
The pulsation feeling is intriguinging, I would like you to get evaluated as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be useful for you.
Wishing you a great health.