Should I be concerned about occasional mild pain in abdomen?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi doctor, I have occasional mild pain in both side of my lower abdomen. Mostly it comes the next of my sex urge. Please advise me whether this one need to be scanned or I will have any probem later.. Thank you..
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Few investigations will relieve you of stress Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in. Lower abdominal pain may be due to a variety of causes. 1. Intestinal: Investigations for it would be ultrasound of abdomen and stool examination. 2. Urinary: Investigation for it would be ultrasound and urine examination along with blood investigations of BUN,Creatinine and serum electrolytes. Pain related to sexual urge is more commonly experience when the urge is not followed by an ejaculation. that can cause afeeling of heaviness in the region of the lower abdomen and gentalia. I would suggest the following investigations just to rule out any intra abdominal issue to be on the safre side. 1. CBc 2. BUN 3. Creatinine 4. Electrolytes 5. Urine and stool examination. 6. Ultrasound examination. 7. Lipid profile. 6. Blood sugar assessment. I hope this answers your query. Regards

Follow-up: Should I be concerned about occasional mild pain in abdomen? 26 minutes later
Hi, Can I test all the above and send you the results within 2 days?

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Send me the reports. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for the feedback. Send me the reports so that I can help you out. Regards

Follow-up: Should I be concerned about occasional mild pain in abdomen? 7 minutes later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks. Regards