Should I be concerned about lump on upper chest near collar bone?

General Surgeon
Yes I recently found a lump on my upper right chest near the collar bone the lump isn't on the outside its on the inside
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lymph node. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Lump near the collarbone is usually a lymph node. Such lymph node should be movable, with smooth surface. If you are thin person, lymph nodes can be palpable in this area. However if this lymph node has appeared recently and gets larger, you should have an ultrasound of this area and biopsy of this node. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about lump on upper chest near collar bone? 4 minutes later
Why would i need to get a biopsy
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Biopsy is necessary only in case of abnormal, enlarged lymph node. Sometimes lymph nodes getenlarged due to some serious disease like lymphoma. But generaly this is rare. So if you are thin person and the lymph nodeis movable no reasonto worry.