Should I be concerned about fatty hepatomegaly while suffering from polycystic ovaries?
User rating for this question
Hi, I am 35 year old woman with height of 154cm and 78kg weight. Recent abdominal scan shows that i am suffering from polycystic ovaries and fatty hepatomegaly (enlarged liver 16cm, echotexture mildly increased, suggestive of fatty changes). Is hepatomegaly of some concern? Do I need to get this treated? As of now i dont have any symptoms related to hepatomegaly except that my Hb is 11.2. Please advice.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: get treated if symptomatic Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Mild fatty liver is not a concern normally. However, if you are overweight/obese, and suffer from other co-morbid conditions like diabetes, hypertension, you need to get it treated. Your Hb at 11.2 is normal. You may have to get treated for polycystic ovaries, if need be as well. Let me know if you have more queries.
People also viewed
- Siddha treatment to remove gallbladder stones
- How to lower sgpt count
- Bilateral polycystic ovaries impact while pregnency
- Hand palm bumps
- Suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome disorder looking for suggestion
- How to cure bulimia
- I am suffering from mild polycystic ovary syndrome
- Lasting effects of bulimia
- Preventing bunions from getting worse
- Sgpt ul sgot high
- Sgpt values and indications
- I am havin polycystic ovaries what should i do
- Bullous dermatologic reactions
- Suffering from polycystic ovary hyperthyroid diabetes cholestrol is pregnancy possible
- Vomiting pure bile and elevated sgpt