Should I be concerned about electromagnetic field radiation on the child health?

I live about .25 mile away from power lines and was concerned with Electromagnectic Field Radiation. I purchased a Gauss meter and determined that my home is fine, however reading and searching online I found so many other appliances in the home and even the car gives off high EMFs. My daughters play room is behind our kitchen and the EMFs are high when the oven is on or on occasion the microwave. Even some of the electrical outlets produce a higher EMG (up to 100mg) when not even used because I am assuming the line is hooked up to another outlet in use. I have become overly sensitive and concerned and even want to measure the EMF fields in our next vehicle before purchasing it since the one we have now is very high in the front seats. Am I going overboard? I am so worried about harming my daughter with everyday toxics, EMFs, everthing that I feel so overwhelmed and consumed by this everyday to try and protect her. Most people I know don't even know what a gauss meter is and they live life just fine. Is there a real threat I should be concerned with the way that I have been? Thanks
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 18 hours later
There is no worry about these radiations. If the radiations are ionizing ones they are a matter of concern. In day to day life we are live around under the influence of EMR. Even our kitchen where we use gadgets for cooking, grinding produce EMR. The description of the things at your home will not cause any visible damage to your baby. In the long run they may produce some detrimental effect on our body If the body were to survive very long. In our life time we will not observe any effect of such type of EMR and toxins.
Your concerns are not completely valid instead your thoughts can overboard you and make your life even stressful.
Dr. Jawahar. Ticku
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about electromagnetic field radiation on the child health? 4 hours later
Thank you very much for the response. What type of EMR are ionizing? I have a hair dryer that uses negative ions (ionic) is this something I shouldn't use anymore or is this not ionizing radiation? one last thing I wanted to ask, my daughter had an x-ray done of her throat when she was two. Should I be concerned this can cause health issues for her long term?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 22 hours later

Ionising radiations are emitted from radioactive materials which none of the home appliances contain. If you were living near the nuclear power plant, then yes there is a cause to worry. In the safety of your home, you need to be worried about it.

Radiations also have field limit - the radiations level fade after a particular distance. If you are living near by a hospital and has unplanned Radiological department, the radiations can leak and produce harmful effects, because they are ionising radiations though of less intensity.

Electromagnetic radiations are different from ionising radiations. So you need not fear electromagnetic radiations.

The amount and duration of exposure also plays part here. Prolonged and multiple exposure cause more detrimental effects on health. Single exposure hardly causes any damage. Accordingly, X-ray done a long time ago will not cause any damage.

Hope this answers your queries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Dr. J. Ticku
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about electromagnetic field radiation on the child health? 1 hour later
One last question a friend is getting radiation for breast cancer. Can I be near her with my child and while I am pregnant. I didn't know if she would emit any radiation after her treatments each day
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 15 hours later
You will not be allowed to be by the side of your friend while she is on radiation.

After she received the radiation if you are by her side there is no harm. She will not emit any radiation.

Hope I answered all your queries.
Do close this discussion if you have no follow ups.

Dr. J. Ticku
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about electromagnetic field radiation on the child health? 43 minutes later
Just to clarify after she receives her treatment each day we can be by her side just not during the actual sessions is this correct?
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 9 hours later
Yes You are right. I am glad I helped you till the last query. If you do not have any more queries you may close the discussion and rate it.