Should I be concerned about black spotting while suffering from nausea and tiredness?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Hi, may be a simple one. I have has the implanon for 15months now & not 1 period or any spotting since. For the last week I have had dark - practically black spotting and discharge. It is not a period size bleed just slow regular clots. I figured it may have been the body dispelling the old blood but not sure. I was feeling unwell with nausea (irregular) tiredness (more than normal) & so did a home pregnancy test which was negative. Just curious if this is normal & how long should it go for before it becomes a concern or if I should see a GP? Thanks
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: This may be normal Detailed Answer: Hello, This could be regarded as normal because of implanon,if there are no further symptoms like this. If any symptoms appear in future please consult your gynecologist to rule out any pathology like genital infections. Good luck