Should I be at hospital while doctors suppress my immune system?

I would like to know if I have to be in the hospital while my doctors supress my immune system? Will i be able to work afterwards? My doctors are testing for Familial Autoimmune Hepatitis.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Immune suppression in done in specialized centres, under strict monitoring and for specific goals. the goal of immune suppression is to avoid excessive body reactions, which in some people, though normal can be excessive. The goal of immune suppression for familial autoimmune hepatitis is not associated with any serious long term risks.

I really do not think you should be bothered concerning the test. Working after the test is actually no worries. I do not think you should be bothered. The test is made in such a way that the patient should get back to his normal state with a couple of days after the test.

In this case, its important to look into the clotting profile very carefully before the test. The liver is the main site where clotting factors are produced. This is a very important consideration, that for sure, shall be taken care of by your doctors.

Feel free asking follow up questions in case of need. I shall be glad contributing ideas .

Dr Rogers