Should I allow my nose to dry and heal completely after cauterization? Why am I noticing blood while blowing my nose?
User rating for this question
I had my nose cauterized 3 days ago. Should I be letting it dry out and heal? I have been using vaseline and secaris. It still bleeds a small amount at times when I need to blow gently or insert the ointment. Thanks
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: It takes 5-7 days for complete healing. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You should allow the lesion to heal completely and it is normal after cauterization.It will heal completely in 5-7 days. Small amount of bleeding can occur after the procedure. You are rightly using emollient and antiseptic ointment.You should continue it. You should take anti hypertensive medicines regularly. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Hole in nose after cauterization
- Is tightness in the chestblindness a side effect of nasacort?
- Which antibiotic in perianalabcess
- Is difficult or painful urination a side effect of nexplanon?
- Infection after nose cauterization
- Swollen nose after cauterization
- Antibiotic for strep in stool
- Orelox antibiotics while preganant
- Nose clogged after cauterization
- Runny nose after cauterization
- Started antibiotics pus pockets
- Is dryness or soreness of throat a side effect of nifedipine?
- Is troubled breathing or swallowing a side effect of nizoral?
- Swollen tonsils wont respond to antibiotics
- Is pinpoint red spots on the skin a side effect of ofloxacin?