Should I allow my nose to dry and heal completely after cauterization? Why am I noticing blood while blowing my nose?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I had my nose cauterized 3 days ago. Should I be letting it dry out and heal? I have been using vaseline and secaris. It still bleeds a small amount at times when I need to blow gently or insert the ointment. Thanks
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: It takes 5-7 days for complete healing. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You should allow the lesion to heal completely and it is normal after cauterization.It will heal completely in 5-7 days. Small amount of bleeding can occur after the procedure. You are rightly using emollient and antiseptic ointment.You should continue it. You should take anti hypertensive medicines regularly. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX