Should Envas be taken for high blood pressure?

Hi Few days back ,have asked you that my b.p is on a higher side . So got it checked after every 2-3 days - readings were - 116/86 , 130/90 , 122/86 so now please advice , should i start the B.P medicne for some time ... Docter adviced me envas 0.5 . Should I take ? or should I wait for some more time ? Docter said take it for one month nd leave it then ? Would request you to please advice ? Is 130 /90 B.p is also high ??
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No need of medication as yet. Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm All your readings are in pre-hypertension range but do not fall in definition of hypertension (high Blood pressure). Hence no medication is required if you are not already on any medication and you do not have any cardiovascular disease as yet. Any blood pressure more than 115/75 mm Hg increases chances of future adverse events as compared to this baseline. However it only warrants life style modifications till level of 140/90 mm Hg. Life style modification include avoiding alcohol (or restricting it to one unit per day), cessation of smoking, daily exercise, moderation of salt intake, meditation/ relaxation techniques, keeping body mass index to less than 25 and a diet rich in cereals, legumes, nuts , fibers but avoiding saturated fats. I am sorry I could not locate any conversation with this ID. You can attach a copy it as an attachment on this page. Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further. Sincerely Sukhvinder
Follow-up: Should Envas be taken for high blood pressure? 16 hours later
hi Have attached my reports . Go thru & please advice .MyCholestrol is bit on a higher side so should I take any cholestrol medicne?Any reason that v could detect that y it is going on higher side ? Is it anxiety ? I feel palpitations as well at times ..then sensation nd heavyness -left arm ans leg . Also having headace . when docter adviced i took envas 0.5 , since then taking daily ...should I stop ?
Brief Answer: please see details Detailed Answer: Respected Ma'm 1. To best of my knowledge envas (enalapril) comes as 5 mg not 0.5 mg. 2. In your first question you asked that should I take Envas or wait. That means you are currently not on envas. That's how I interpret it and answered accordingly. If you are already on ENVAS then you must wait and withdrawing it will be a joint effort by you and you physician. It can not be done overnight on internet consultations. Even if your BP is normal today, it is because of drug therapy, hence it will take time and consideration before it can be stopped. If 130/90 mmHg was your highest blood pressure ever, then you must take a second opinion because I would not start drugs at this level in my patients. 3. For your Cholesterol problem, I need few details. Are you diabetic ? If you ever had any cardiovascular problem like heart pain, stroke etc? If answer to both is no, you do not require medicines for cholesterol but need some life style modifications like optimization of weight (Body mass index 23-24), daily exercise, avoid sweets and fried food. Hope this clarifies some issues. Feel free to discuss. Sincerely Sukhvinder
Follow-up: Should Envas be taken for high blood pressure? 13 minutes later
have u seen my reports ? i am not diabetic nd nvr had ny cardio prblem .
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Brief answer Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm I have Checked your reports but reports can be "ON medication" so clarified it. You do not need any medication for cholesterol issue. You only require life style modifications as suggested in last answer. You can consult a dietitian for cholesterol lowering diet. sincerely Sukhvinder