Should Armour dosage be increased for fatigue and low body temperature?

I am taking armour for my thyroid. I just started in XXXXXXX on 30mg then started becoming symtematic again(fatique, low body temp and slight weight gain) in early Oct. Dr upped medication to 45mg which helped. I have started having fatigue, low body temp again can I just up my medication to 60mg to see how I feel or should I have my TSH tested again before I do this?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Armour unsafe Detailed Answer: Armour thyroid has been deemed unsafe by the expert guidelines on the treatment of hypothyroidism. Even the most recent thyroid recommendation guidelines by the ATA (American Thyroid Association) reiterate the message that the only necessary medication to treat hypothyroidism is levo thyroxine. I will not advise you to increase the dose of armor. Rather I suggest you stop it and see an endocrinologist who will perform appropriate tests to first confirm if you truly have permanent hypothyroidism, and then offer you an optimal dose of levo thyroxine