Shortness of breath, tachycardia episodes, dizziness, nausea, swollen lymph nodes, insomnia, slurred speech. Why?

: I am a 33 yr old female...I have been having symptoms for months now including shortness of breath tachycardia episodes constant dizziness fainting nausea swollen lymph nodes nausea headaches and severe pain in my neck jaw and head only on the right side...these are made worse by smoking and eating...I have had my heart checked thuroughly by a cardiologist and it seems perfectly symptoms are not getting any better and now I am having insomnia nightsweats slurred speech and blurry bloodwork is normal and I have also been tested for hiv and mono both were negative...please help me I need answers I have no health insurance and am tired of making trips to the er to have them find nothing...what could this be ?????
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 3 hours later

Shortness of breath and Tachycardia are mainly due to two broad causes:
1. Cardiovascular - You have consulted a cardiologist and have been told to have a normal heart. Thats reassuring.
2. Respiratory Cause: Well you do not have any cough and its unlikely to go on for so long without being identified.

Regarding other symptoms of Rt sided headache, nausea, MRI scan of the Brain to rule out any intra-cranial lesion for your symptoms.

A detailed clinical examination will also be useful. You mentioned that during your ER visits, nothing was found. This means that there might be no serious cause. However, you will need further evaluation.

Detailed examination, MRI Brain would be beneficial.
A neurology consultation will be advisable.

Hope you not under stress or anxiety as they can also cause such symptoms.
Wish you good health.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Shortness of breath, tachycardia episodes, dizziness, nausea, swollen lymph nodes, insomnia, slurred speech. Why? 3 hours later
I have also noticed that my bp has been weird lately with the bottom number being in the nineties and the top number in the low hundreds. There is usually a 20 to 30 number difference only...I usually have low bp and it has b een like this for a little more than a month now could this also be related to the other symptoms? What should I do for this?
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 5 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Well, the normal difference between the upper and lower Limit of blood pressure should be atleast 15 - 20. So in your case there is no need to worry. I don't think your symptoms are any way related to blood pressure.

Do regular exercise and reduce salt intake such the lower limit can come down to below 90 (As > 90 is abnormal).

Dr Kiran