Shortness of breath, mild arrhythmia, pulsing pain and tightness in chest. Should I visit ER?

Acute onset opounding, pulsing pain in my chest. Worsens with XXXXXXX breathing, and there is some tightness in my chest during normal respiration. I have experienced bouts of shortness of breath, weakness, and cold sweats, and seem to experience some mikd arrythmia every so often. Pain is constant, although it worsens during activity, when I'm sitting, and if I lay on my back or left side, the pain is so severe I have to call for help to roll over. I'm 30 yo female, height 5'6", weight 200.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 49 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Coronary Artery Disease needs to be investigated.
Especially so, as you are overweight.
Age and gender make it less common, but they do not exclude-
The other one is pericarditis or pleurisy.

A physical examination followed by EKG and cardiac markers is the first step.
Proper management needs proper diagnosis – and that demands investigations.
HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / further LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.

See your doctor and get examined.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Shortness of breath, mild arrhythmia, pulsing pain and tightness in chest. Should I visit ER? 54 minutes later
I went to the ER and they are currently monitoring me. The doctor is keeping me overnight for monitoring. Suspected mild cardiac infarction.
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 7 minutes later

Good that you saw the doctor.

In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours.

In the future, you will need further follow up

God bless you