Short of breath, pain in back left side, have palpitation. Is it related to IBS?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I FEEL SHORT OF BREATH AND PAIN IN MY BACK LEFT SIDE, IT COME AND GO. SO FAR I HAVE DONE A FEW TEST TO MY HEART LIKE AN ECHO AND HOLTER BUT IT SHOWS IS OK , ALSO I HAVE DONE A FEW BLOOD TEST AND XRAY, BUT I STEEL FEEL PAIN SOME TIMES ON MY BACK AND THOSE PALPITATIONS . I SUFER FROM (IBS). IS THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 17 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

IBS is a functional disorder of the bowel which is associated with abnormal sensitivity of the bowel. It is also associated with some of the other functional disorders like anxiety disorder,panic disorder, or depression. Some of these can be associated with palpitation but a localised pain is normally not a feature of functional disease. Hence get yourself worked up for pleural pathologies or even a renal stone.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do get back to me if you have any more queries.

Dr XXXXXXX