Shooting abdominal pain. Pain reduced after having food. Trying to conceive. Advise?

Dear Sir,
My wife gets a very sharp, shooting abdominal pain. It occurs very suddenly and at right in the centre of the abdomen/lower stomach according to her.
She says it occurs when she goes to the rest room and comes or when she has not eaten much. Today, she had the same feeling and it did reduce after having some food ( but not completely)
She in her 24th day of her cycle (regular period cycle) and is not feeling any periods kind of pains. We are in plans of a baby and do not know what is this issue.Could you please advice of what this could be?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take pantoprazole

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It appears to be either due to peptic ulcer disease or Intestinal colic. However first possibility will be Duodenal ulcer)as the pain is relieved after taking meal. For confirming get an endoscopic examination. Meanwhile give her a proton pump inhibitor like pantoprazole. For intestinal colic give her antispasmodic agent like drotaverine. I will further advise to get an ultrasound abdomen also.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Shooting abdominal pain. Pain reduced after having food. Trying to conceive. Advise? 14 hours later
I'am extremely sorry but I was asking the question as per my wife's statements. She says the pain is not relieved after any food. But only when she goes to the rest room and comes back. It is more like cramping she says. She is in the 24th day of a regular cycle she has.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! If it is crampy pain then either it is intestinal colic or may be premenstural pain both of these will be relieved after taking drotaverine as I advised earlier