Shook someone from condominium, the skin was opened but not bleeding. Should I worry?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I shook someone hand from my condominium the skin was opened but NOT bleeding like a papercut should i worry?
like there was a tiny opening im going crazy im really OCD
its a little read from the opening not bleeding like raw underneath
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

By shaking hands of someone, nobody can get HIV.

If it is a HIV risk, then almost every one of us would have got HIV.
Thank god, it is not so.
As a health care provider for HIV positive individuals for years together, we, doctors are shaking hands of these people and touching the for every procedure, but we didn't acquire HIV so far. We can not wear gloves always when we care patients. It will discriminate them and they feel offended.
When we care HIV children we have to XXXXXXX them in may ways. So it is not possible for anybody to get HIV through shaking hands.
Relax and have a wonderful day.
DR S. Murugan
Follow-up: Shook someone from condominium, the skin was opened but not bleeding. Should I worry? 4 minutes later
even with a small break in skin like raw
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 25 minutes later
Welcome back.

Yes, even with an abrasion in your hand you are absolutely risk free only.
Once again every one of us including health care workers will have some sort of abrasions in their hands in any point of time due to various reasons. In spite of this transmission through this route is almost unknown.
So nothing to worry.