Shook hands with someone. Hand was burst open and noticed dark coloured blood. Should I be scared of having an infection?

Question
The other day, I shook hands with someone who ended up propositioning me for sex for money, or at least "sex acts" for money. I refused and left. When I got home, I saw that my hand, that was dried out from too much washing, had burst open and there was dark colored blood on it. Now, the girl who had propositioned me had held my hand at one point. Am I at risk for infection? This happened August 31st. I was thinking of taking an RNA test on the 12th to make sure I have no infection. am I crazy? or should I take it?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your risk is minimal

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Hope you are doing well.

No, your risk of infection in this scenario is very minimal, almost negligible.

Your hand had burst open and there was dark coloured blood on it. The blood could be yours mostly, and not hers'.

Sure, please proceed with the RNA test on the 12th. Prevention is always better than cure.

I do not think you are crazy. You are thinking right.

Please go ahead and take the test.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Shook hands with someone. Hand was burst open and noticed dark coloured blood. Should I be scared of having an infection? 24 hours later
If this happened on the 31st/1st, would the 12th be the best day for the RNA test or should I wait longer?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
12th is the ideal day

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Yes, 12th would be the best and ideal day to go for the RNA test. No need to wait longer. Go ahead with the test on 12th.

Good luck!

Follow-up: Shook hands with someone. Hand was burst open and noticed dark coloured blood. Should I be scared of having an infection? 20 hours later
Dear Dr. Shanthi,
I wanted to take the time and thank you for answering my question. Your help was appreciated and informative. I will take the test on the 12th. Most of my anxiety is based on my OCD but I think getting tested is good all around. Thanks again and I hope you are having a great day!
Sincerely, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is my pleasure to be of help to you

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your comments :)

Yes, I am having a great day. Hope the same from you as well. If time permits, please write a review for me, it helps.

Do write back to me for any medical queries that you may have.

Yes, getting tested is good all around. Do take care of your OCD as well. This is expected in such a scenario.