Shivers and vomiting white substance. Taken combiflam. Am I okay?

My mom is shivering since last night. Around 2:45 am she had taken a pill (Combiflam). She had the vomiting tendency during the same time. She is only vomiting white cough like substance in a small quantity. Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 20 minutes later

What about Fever? Is your mom having fever too?

If she is febrile or the color of cough is yellow or red, I would urge you to immediately consult a doctor. It is malarial season in the country and your mother could be suffering from the same.

If she is not febrile and there is nothing more than bringing out cough/white vomitus & shivering, for the time being you can treat at home by giving tablet Paracetamol 500 mg (available over the counter) and tablet metoclopramide 10mg (you can get a prescription from your physician for metoclopramide since it is a prescription drug).
Encourage her to drink plenty of fluids.
If she does not settle in an hour's time I would urge you to consult your physician.

Why was she taking Combiflam? - Combiflam could have led to gastritis. Discuss with your prescribing doctor. You may consider reporting back to him / her for a detailed examination.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

I wish for speedy recovery of your mother.

Dr Anil Grover