Ask a Urologist   »  

Shiny pink spots on the rim and penis head. Taken Hydro cortisone. No relief. Treatment?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello i have oink shiney spots on on the rim and head of my penis for 2 months now that wont go away.
i HAVE USED HYDRO CORTISONE 1 PERCENT for weeks no help.
shiny pink spots

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

Important aspects of your query are:
• 54 year old male
• Complaints of: shiny pink spots near the glans penis.
• Cocern related to treatment with hydro cortisone

Your shiny pink spots near the glans penis may be Penile papules. You can see pictures of these lesions after doing web search.

These are common and there is nothing to worry about as these are self limiting conditions. There is no need for treatment or its removal, if it is not causing any problem. If it is causing problem then it can be removed by CO2 laser and electrosurgery by dermatologist. It is better to stop hydro cortisone use.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Shiny pink spots on the rim and penis head. Taken Hydro cortisone. No relief. Treatment? 37 hours later
The pink shiny spot is about the size of a dime,its on the head of penis there are no bumps or lumps. Can this be any thing else Doc?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

You can see pictures of penile papules on web to compare your lesions.
You can also upload picture of your lesions with your query to help you better.

Wish you good health.