Shingles in left eye, swelling, blood red coloration in eyes, conjunctival haemorrhage. Causes for eye problems?

I recently - well 4 months ago had shingles in my left eye. My eye has been swollen and painful for a long time - and this morning I woke up with my eye blood red - a conjuctival haemorrhage. Is there a link between the two and is there anything I can do.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 22 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have Irritation in your eye?
2.) Have you sustained any injury to your eye?
3.) Do you have Discharge from the eye?
4.) Do you have any difficulty in vision?
5.) Is your right eye normal?

The problem you are facing right now, complication of Shingles which you had in the past.

Your History suggests the possibility of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus which has to be confirmed. Kindly get yourself examined by a Ophthalmologist at the earliest, so that he/she may evaluate you in detail to confirm the exact cause.

Once confirmed, you will treated with antiviral medications and other supportive measures for eye.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my query in case you do not have further queries.