Shaving pubic hair, noticed black pigmentations, inculding penis, testicles, and inner part of thighs. Suggest medication?

Dear Doctor,
Once I started to shave my pubic hair, and it did turn as a practice in my life, using Gillette Gel & Razor. Now the whole area is with black pigmentations, inculding penis, testicles, and inner part of thighs. I am very much worried, presently seeking a Alliance, so want to completly get rid of the black pigmentations in those vital parts. When sweat forms I do get some irritations in those area, then after bath, it s fine. But those inner parts looks like a scar like thing. Further, right now not shaving my private parts. Pls be kind enough to suggest the best Medicare creams.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 30 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

The pigmentation over your genitalia and inner thighs could be due to various reasons. It could be due to constant friction due to regular shaving, or a contact dermatitis to shaving gel or after shave solution, or a condition called acanthosis nigricans or even a fungal infection.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

Avoid shaving the genital skin. You may trim the hair with scissors. If you are over weight try to reduce your weight as it will help decrease the pigmentation. Constant itching and rubbing can also worsen pigmentation and you may apply an antifungal dusting powder ( eg: Abzorb powder)to absorb excess sweat twice a day. You may apply a gel containing kojic acid (eg: Kojivit gel) twice a day over the pigmented area. Get it prescribed by your physician or dermatologist.

The treatments suggested has to be used once fungal infection is ruled out. If possible upload a good quality picture so that I can rule it out.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Shaving pubic hair, noticed black pigmentations, inculding penis, testicles, and inner part of thighs. Suggest medication? 21 minutes later
Thank You Doctor, I will be in touch, after using the above said Powder & Cream. Further, I will also upload a possbile photo for your guidance.

Thank you,

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 17 minutes later
Welcome back XXXXXX,
I will have a look at the photo once you upload it.
Dr Johny Chacko.