Shaved the back of my hair, pimple formation, tried to pop it, now big and hard. What does this indicate?

dont no wat it is ii shaved the back off my hair an got a pimple i tryed to pop an now its big and hard what is it
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 3 hours later

Since the pimple grew after you popped it, this might be a 'furuncle'. Furuncle is caused by Staphylococcal infection.

You may try over the counter ointment like mupirocin ointment thrice daily for a couple of days. If it does not get better, you may need oral antibiotics like azithromycin. As antibiotics are prescription drugs, you need to consult your primary doctor for a prescription.

In addition, if you are past 40 years, I also suggest you to get your blood sugars checked.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. PVS Prasad