Shaved, red rashes, itching, burning. Medication and treatment ?

ENT Specialist
I just recently shaved my but after a day i broke out in some sort of a red rash what can i do is there a quick fix
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 34 minutes later
Dear Mountainmantrees,

Thank you for your query. The following measures should help you.

1. Wash, wipe and clean the area with a soothing antiseptic such as Savlon.

2. Use an ointment containing a combination of an antibiotic, anti-fungal and steroid (such as Betnovate GM) as a quick remedy.

3. If the rash is severe, increasing irritation or itching / burning, get a prescription for an oral antibiotic, painkiller and anti-allergic.

4. Discard the shaving blade that you have used.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.