Shaved chest, nipple area, used spa, hot tub, steam room. Sensitivity in left nipple, left pec. Taking snyermox, no relief. Treatment options?

I am a very health 49 yr male. A couple weeks ago i had shaved my chest and nipple area. I had gone to a spa and used the hot tube and steam room. Two days later my left nipple became very sensitve, no discoloring, no discharge, no lumps, no redness, just sensitive. Since then my left pec has become more senitive, not painful but bugs me when i wear the wrong shirt that rubs. My mother in law is a nurse and gave me some snyermox which is not really working. I get really wierd over things like this, and need to get some peace of mind.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Your problem seems to be related to changes in hormones in your body. Taking steroids, body building supplements, alcohol intake, liver problems, etc can cause a mildly raised levels of estrogens in your body causing such symptoms.
You can wait for few days for it to subside spontaneously. Sometimes it subsides after the hairs grow back around the area.
If the feeling persists then you can consult your physician for serum testosterone levels and liver function tests.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.