Shaved butt area and started itching and burning. Hurts to touch. Can i put ichthamnol ointment?

hello, a week and a half ago i shaved my butt and a couple of days later it was itching bad, now for the past 4 days my but has been burning, it hurts to wipe, wash, or touch anywhere down there, can i put ichthamnol ointment on this area
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 4 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems that you have developed skin infection.

Ideally, you should contact a skin specialist, so that he can examine it and can prescribe according to diagnosis.

Ichthamnol ointment application may help you to reduce itching, but it is not possible to say that whether it will cure it or not.

If available, it will be better if you can use Surfaz-SN/Quadriderm oint twice daily locally. You can take some anti-histaminic also.

But, in case of no improvement, you should consult a doctor for for diagnosis on the basis of examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,