Sharp stomach pain under ribs, dizziness. Reason?

Excellent

Question
my name is XXXXXXX and i been having sharp pain on my right side of stomach under my rib cage for 2 weeks today i got dizzy and passed out i cant move it hurts
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The most common cause for pain on the right side of the stomach is either due to the acidity pain or cholecystitis which is the inflammation of the gallbladder either due to stone blocking the duct or due to some other reasons and sometimes it can be due to liver disease like hepatitis.

The cholecystitis and liver diseases both can be assessed through Liver function tests which will show raised ALT levels more than 50 U/L. It is recommended to have LFTs and and ultrasound abdomen to rule out these causes.

You can use Ranitidine along with domeperidone for pain relieve.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Sharp stomach pain under ribs, dizziness. Reason? 37 minutes later

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 21 minutes later