Sharp stabbing pain in the lower abdomen, frequent urination, pain in the penis. Suggestions?

Im a virgin so i know i dont have a std, but i have sharp stabbing pains im my lower stomach when i take XXXXXXX breaths, i urinate more then usual, and at times when i use the bathroom i have sharp pains in my anus and when i masterbate and have orgasm's the bottom of my penis hurts and i get almost no pleasure from the orgasm
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have fever, chills with bodyache?
2.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
3.) Do you have difficulty passing urine?
4.) Did you sustain any injury to your pelvic area?

Your history suggests the possibility of Prostatitis, which is the swelling and inflammation of the prostate gland, a walnut sized gland located directly below the bladder. The infection may start when bacteria carried in urine leaks into your prostate. Mostly it will be bacterial. Some times the cause is not known. It has to be confirmed.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Urologist so that he may evaluate you in detail and suggest tests like,

1.) Bloodwork.
2.) Urinalysis.
3.) Urine culture.
4.) Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) level in your blood.
5.) Semen Analysis.
6.) Cystoscopy to examine the urethra and bladder.
7.) Urodynamic tests.

Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly with Analgesics, Antibiotics.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Soak your pelvic area in warm water (Sitz bath), twice to thrice daily.
2.) Avoid, alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and smoking, if you do.
3.) While sitting, sit on a pillow or inflatable cushion to ease pressure on the prostate.
4.) Avoid using a bicycle.
5.) Avoid masturbating until the cause is found out and treated.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.