Sharp pressure in stomach, back pain, brown discharge, heart burn. Had surgery for hernia removal. Reason?

General Surgeon
I have a sharp pressure like pain in my stomach when i release my Blatter. Very irregular periods. 2 days on 2 or 3 days off followed by brown stringy discharge. I have severe lower back pain. I have irregular bowl movements. I can go 3 to 5 days with out one, then have bowl movements all day for a day. Lots of gas and heart burn. I am 29 year old female and have had 3 csections out of 3 pregnancies. Had surgery about a year ago to remove what we thought was a hernia at csection incision that came back to be endometriosis.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 39 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

The symptoms you have described here are characteristic for endometriosis. As you are after 4 abdominal surgeries and have endometriosis diagnosed there is a great probability of adhesions in your abdominal cavity. According to your irregular bowel movements, this adhesions are causing partial bowels obstruction. Bloating is also characteristic for this condition as well as nausea or heart burn.

I suggest you to visit gastroenterologist, have physical examination, abdominal X-ray and get scheduled for colonoscopy. If colonoscopy will came back negative, abdominal CT with oral contrast (enteroclysis) should be done and if still no findings, diagnostic laparoscopy should be considered.
Gyneacologist should also examine you and perform transvaginal ultrasound.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.