Sharp pain that runs from left pectoral to knee and back. What can it be?

Thank you for yout help. I have been getting a sharp pain that will run from my left pectoral to my knee and back. It happens several times for the last three days. I am a 56 year old male in excellent condition.
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Hi Colmos,
Thanks for consulting us.
Your pain is a bit unusual type & it is difficult to make a comment on this much history alone. Cause may vary from just a muscle pull to atypical presentation of angina. It may also be a sign of some abdominal problem.
I suggest you should go to a hospital ER department & get yourself evaluated clinically. Doctor there may find a clue after examining you & then may suggest you appropriate investigation & treatment depending on his /her clinical diagnosis.
You MUST also have an ECG ( Electro-Cardio-Gram ) to rule out any cardiac cause of this pain.
Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any other concerns.
Wish you good health.