Sharp pain in middle back when bend down and taking deep breath. Applying heat to the area. Play basketball. Suggest?

I have a decently sharp pain in my upper middle back but only when I bend down and take a deep breath. No pain at all standing up, lieing down, walking, etc.. with deep breaths. Only if I'm sitting down, slumping over a bit. Applying heat to the area, wondering if this is a pulled muscle? Thanks! I play a lot of basketball and I believe I may have gotten this from playing a week or 2 ago.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Relation only to movements - that too a particular movement - is typically suggestive of muscle pain...

In view of young age and the absence of any significant event personal habits, family history or co-morbidities (there is no mention), you should recover...

Over The Counter (OTC) NSAID) – like ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac will help. Muscle relaxant may also be useful.
Hot compress and physiotherapy will be useful.

If there is no improvement, you should see an Orthopaedician...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck