Sharp pain in lower back, cannot take a deep breath, often lie down

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have a sharp pain in my lower right back ,I cant take a XXXXXXX breath ,of lye down
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 37 minutes later

Sharp pain in lower back or flank would most likely be arising from the kidney , or intestines or a musculoskeletal pain.

I will try to work on the questions that you have today but I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better.

A more detailed history as to onset duration and progress of the pain, its worsening and relieving factors, it's relation to food or medicine or urination or movement and a thorough examination by a doctor is very important to reach the exact diagnosis and treatment. Information about your age, occupation would help me better.

However such a pain is most likely to respond to analgesic anti spasmodic drugs like cyclopam or buscopan given as injection or oral tablet as per your doctors advice.

Also few tests like xray chest and abdomen, ultrasound abdomen and blood tests like complete blood counts, renal and hepatic profiles may be needed.

Its best for you to seek prompt consultation as you have problem in breathing.
Kindly take faster shallower breaths and drink lots of water.

If it is a pain arising from kidney stone which would be the most likely possibility then it would be controlled with analgesics and water therapy.

Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.