Sharp pain in lower back and abdomen. Large ovarian cysts shown in CT scan. Tightness in chest, lightheadedness. Concerned?

Hi -

I have been having sharp pain in my lower back and abdomen which started a few weeks ago. I went for a CT scan on Thursday of last week and the doctors found that I have two large ovarian cysts abutting my left ovary (one is 7.5cm x 5cm and the other is 3cm x 2.5cm) and a "tubular structure" on/near my right ovary. The larger cyst is also not clear like a normal cyst. In the past 24 hours, I have begun feeling increasing tightness in my chest (akin to how a panic attack might feel, though I am not experiencing a panic attack or anxiety) and overall shakiness and lightheadedness. I have an appointment for an ultrasound and consult with my OB/GYN on Wednesday. Should I be alarmed at these new symptoms? Is this something I need to seek treatment for right away? Or are these to be expected with the presence of the cysts?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, this is not a common sign of ovarian cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
No, Chest tightness is not a recognized sign of ovarian cyst. You need to take it separately.
You must not attribute it to a panic attack without formal investigation.
This is good to know that you have already set an appointment with your Gynecologist, but, you also need to see a physician for evaluation of these recent symptoms or at least have an ECG to rule out any major cardiac issue.
Hope this clears your query.