Sharp chest pain, exhaustion, burping and feels crappy. Protonix taken. Treatment?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 55 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query
Chest pain can be due to various reasons as hyperacidity causing food reflux, heart disorders, lung issues or even due to anxiety.
Clinically any chest pain is considered as arising from the heart unless proved otherwise. Though you have had burping which is a feature of indigestion, since the pain is persisting despite medications, I urge you to consult your physician as early as possible. A thorough examination / EKG is entailed.
Meanwhile some suggestions for you:
1) Drink lots of water.
2) Adopt a sitting upright posture and avoid lying down as the symptoms can aggravate.
3) Take Pepto Bismol which would help to relieve abdominal discomfort.
4) Avoid tea, coffee, carbonated beverages and spicy food right now.
5) Do not smoke or have alcohol.
6) You can take digestive supplements which will help in improving digestion.
Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.
People also viewed
- Yeast infection rash
- Recurring water infections
- Thiamine infusion rate
- High thyroxine symptoms
- Pleuritic chest pain treatment
- What does it mean when you feel dizzy all the time
- Treatment and cure for Chest pain
- What does it mean when theirs a trace of albumin
- What does it mean when the sides of my tongue feel dry
- What does it mean when you have pain in your arm and left side of chest
- Musculoskeletal chest pain treatment
- Ivig infusion reaction
- Treatment for a chest pain essays
- What does it mean when my resting heart rate is 115
- Anxiety chest pain treatment