Shall we eat brown rice regularly?

shall we eat brown rice regularly
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: YES Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthacre Magic, Yes, you can eat brown rice regularly. Brown rice has so many advantages over normal white rice 1. Low-glycemic index 2.High fibre content 3.Rich in vitamins mainly thiamin and proteins 4.Best for diabetics and Hypertensives. Today mostof the physicians advising brown rice for diabetics,hypertensives and obese individuals. If you have any further queries,,let me know. regards DR.VENKAT
Follow-up: Shall we eat brown rice regularly? 23 hours later
doctor XXXXXXX thanks a lot for your answer and supporting me for eating brown rice. My wife is diabetic patient. what you suggest for her to eat daily to control her blood sugar. baking of fish can be eaten or not. fried fish with canola oil is suitable for her or not. kindly advice
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sure you can use it ... Detailed Answer: Hello, welcome back, Diabetic diet is a big topic to know.. so its better explained by a dietician depending upon the patient BMI (body mass index ) as well as patient food habbits. It actually varies from country to country also. Canola oil is low in saturated fat and contains both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. So you can consume it with fish. Even though canola oil is good for health,it should be used in little quantity . As you already know this.. fish is best for diabetics and heart disease patients. If you have any doubts please get back to me. regards, DR.VENKAT