Shall i get worried as my armpits don't get sweaty ?

Hi my name is Daniel. I am wondering why my armpits won't sweat?. I know this sounds like a nice problem to have but I sweat a lot everywhere else. I am also wondering if this can slow down attempts to lose weight from exercise?. My armits did used to sweat some years ago.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 55 minutes later

PERSPIRATION / SWEATING is the production of a fluid consisting primarily of water as well as solutes. Sweating occurs because of body cells known as SWEAT GLANDS. More sweating occurs where there are more sweat glands. The sweat glands are distributed more in armpits and groin. The distribution is decided from birth.

It is hardly ever seen that if a person is sweating from one part and stops sweating from that part. You are surely lucky.
XXXXXXX city, I believe, is in California, is a very hot place. So you must be sweating a lot.

Perspiration and weight-loss are not related. It is a myth that you lose weight only if you sweat. Exercise is related with weight-loss directly.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.