Shaky voice and words are not clear. What could be the reason?

ENT Specialist
I have an very shaky voice and sometimes I cannot even get the first word to come out. Certain sounds - like a word that begins with an "r" for example are very difficult for me. People have trouble understanding me, state I sound like I'm crying when I speak sometimes. It's very embarrassing and a lot of people won't take h time to listen to me beause of it/
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query , it suggests that you may be suffering from the phonaesthesia.

It is the fatigue of phonatory muscles result in weak voice.

Total voice rest is advised in this condition but for clear cut diagnosis you may go for
Thyroid function test
Direct laryngoscopy

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query

Wish you good health
Follow-up: Shaky voice and words are not clear. What could be the reason? 7 hours later
I have normal Thyroid tests. What would the scoping show if this was my diagnosis and what if any is the treatment or cure?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Total Voice Rest

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Phonaesthesia in scoping characterized by:
-Bowing of the vocal cord
-Triangular space in the posterior glottis
-Key hole appearance of the glottis

Total voice rest is advised for this disease.

Wish you good health