Shaky feeling, neck pain, numbness in limbs, cold, fever. Is there anything I can do?

hello im in a normal temp of 37.0 but i feel shaky we went to the mountain peek last monday and after that heading to home i feel my neck is aching and i feel numbness in my fingers and feet...when we got home my temp is 37.3 not my normal temp at all... then im cold... the sensation is there but still i feel cold... took iron supplement an d multivitamins ans now im much better but im still feeling the chill and its as if im a little weak.. is tere anything i can do? to regain my energy again... i dont have any coat or gear when we get in the mountain peek so i XXXXXXX all thecold from there... but im feeling weak from time totime any advice
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

I think what you are currently experiencing is a viral infection. This can lead to chills and fatigue. The following things should make you feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol 400 mg as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the chilly feeling and fatigue.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the shakiness.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and you should be good.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Shaky feeling, neck pain, numbness in limbs, cold, fever. Is there anything I can do? 20 minutes later
hi i feel a lot better now but still sometimes im shaky and i have a mild flu right now. yes i think i should rest thanks for your response. do you have any advice about my anemia? is it also associated with that? What kind of food is good for anemic person and what tablet should i take?
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
The treatment for anemia would depend upon the cause. In your age group, the most common cause is due to dietary deficiency or excessive bleeding during the menstrual cycles.
This has to be treated with oral iron supplements, a multivitamin supplement and folic acid. Oral iron supplements are prescription drugs and you would need to see your physician for the same. At the same time, you can take Tablet Centrum 1 tablet in the morning 1 hour before/after food. You can also take tablet folic acid 5 mg once a day to take care of any folate deficiency.
The anemia could contribute to the fatigue, but is unlikely to be totally responsible for the symptoms that you are experiencing.
The following foods are XXXXXXX in iron and would prove useful for you:
a. Beans
b. Legumes
c. Grains
d. Meats
e. Jaggery
f. XXXXXXX leafy vegetables like spinach

Over the long term, I would like you to take a healthy and balanced diet to prevent anemia in the future.
Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Shaky feeling, neck pain, numbness in limbs, cold, fever. Is there anything I can do? 4 minutes later
thanks so much ill blog about you and how much you have helped me in WWW.WWWW.WW and WWW.WWWW.WW i blogged about fashion and personal stuff.. thanks so much Doc
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 minute later
Thanks for writing back.

Thank you. If we are able to help someone at the end of the day, I think my hard work paid off.

Thanks again.