Shaky feeling, have g6pd enzyme deficiency, headaches, joint pain. Is it getting worse ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
shaky feeling faint I am a 30 yr old female 140lbs and have g6pd enzyme deficiency class I I feel week shaky like i'm going to faint most of each day I feel pain just from even a slight touch anywhere I feel sick tired get headaches joint pain to where I stiffen up do much I can't move this lasts about an hour starts at my hips then spreads all over and get hives and shortness of breathe this has been happening for years I have seen many doctors i'm getting worse not better
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The weakness and generalized body aches associated with hives that you are having are likely to be related to an immune mediated disorder. Other possibilities are hormonal imbalance, electrolyte imbalance, generalized viral syndrome, etc.

You need a thorough evaluation by a Rheumatologist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets. You can add mild analgesics like ibuprofen, a multivitamin supplement and an anti allergic like fexofenadine for symptomatic relief to your daily regimen.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.