Shaking in hands and arms after taking ambrolite-s. Side effect of medicine?

Jan 2013

I have started taking Ambrolite-S for the last three days,now I am feeling that my both arms and hands shaking,Ican not hold pen or spoon properly.Is that due to this medicine?
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the described past history of spinal surgeries and intake of Ambrolite -S, shaking in hands and arms appear most likely due to salbutamol present in this cough syrup.
Nervous supply of upper limb (ams and hands) is from C5-T2 spinal segment of spinal cord.
As you had spinal surgery in lumbar region, correlation between tremors and past surgery appears to be least.
Salbutamol is associated with following side effects: fine tremor, anxiety, headache, muscle cramps, dry mouth, and palpitation.

You should again consult with your treating doctor / or XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough neurological check up.
Weakness in lower limb (as you are not able to stand properly) is most likely due to spinal pathology at lumbar region.
You can take inhalational therapy of beta 2 agonist, anticholinergics and low dose steroid.
In this manner, whole body is not exposed to medicines and doesn't develop side effects.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava