Shaft of penis and part of scrotum turned black. Why do I sense heat from the area? Can there be bruises due to masturbation?

Urologist
Question
The shaft of my penis and part of my scrotum have turned black. I have no pain, ulcers, fever, swelling or other symptoms. There may be a slight sense of heat from the area. From the information I've found online - it seems that I either have bruising due to vigorous masturbation, or possibly - much scarier - Fournier gangrene. As Fournier gangrene is potentially deadly - I need to know whether I just have a bruise that will heal - or I need to get to an emergency room right away.
Please advise.
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later

Your symptoms and explanation seems to be an urgent situation. It is not appropriate to ask you to wait. You need medical attention.

Sorry. Kindly proceed to the ER.

Dr GS, Urologist.